Subject: Fw: [wsdm] please fix status capability in MUWS...

Nick already suggested just this solution... an enumerated string.
Are we done?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572

----- Forwarded by Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM on 11/17/2004 05:22 PM -----

          Nick Butler <nickb@uk.ibm.com>

          11/16/2004 07:43 AM

"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>

cc

wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [wsdm] please fix status capability in MUWS...

Igor,
I take your point about not using QNames in this case, but I am not sure I
agree with your solution, as OperationalStatus is not an open ended value.
OperationalStatus can take one of only the four values that are defined in
the MUWS spec. Is there any reason why OperationalStatus canot be a simple
string, with the four enumerated string values "Available",
"Partiallyavailable", "Unavailable" and "Unknown"?

Nick Butler
Autonomic Computing
IBM Hursley x248081,  +44 (0) 1962 818081