Subject: MOWS comments

Some comments about MOWS 20041123:

- Change the footnote to be the same as the document identifier
- Do a global replace of TimeSope to TimeScope
- 5.2.3 last para: add a reference to section 5.2.6 so the reader can
see whch states we are talking about. And to be explicit about the exact
behavior of any particular metric property we might want to indicate in
section 5.2.3.2 that metric XXX is incremented on every transition to
state YYY.
- 5.2.3.1: I think I would use the type xs:nonNegativeInteger instead of
xs:integer for all of the NumberOf... Metrics because then it is clear
that the values will never be < 0.
- 5.2.3.2: There is a statement saying (paraphrase) successful + failed
<= total. I think this statement should be moved above ServiceTime.
Also, I would not say 'lost' in the sentence but would include one-way
messages as another reason they are not equal.
- 5.2.3.2: I think the ChangeType for MaxResponseTime should be Counter
because the value will not go down over the interval.
- 5.2.3.2: The TimeScope for LastResponseTime is difficult to indicate.
I wonder if it should be PointInTime because its current value does not
depend upon any previous value in an interval. However, there is
definitely a duration associated with this metric and MUWS indicates a
PointInTime must not include duration. What to do???
- 5.2.3.2 2nd last para: this says that Duration attribute must not be
included for SinceReset TimeScope. MUWS says Duration MUST be included
in this case.
- 5.2.4.1 line 689: operational is misspelled (extra 'i')
- 5.2.4.2 properties: the state and last transition properties are not
defined as specified in MUWS (must include the State and StateTransition
elements). I  like the MOWS way of doing it better (just use the type
from MUWS rather than including the element).
- 5.2.4.2 line 715: CurrentOperationalState misspelled (missing 't')
- 5.2.6.2: It seems to me that many implementations will be able to
reference the MOWS topics document directly (from the OASIS site) and
will not be including the MOWS topics in their own topics documents. For
this reason I think the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph should not
say "match precisely" - the MOWS topics should be referenced not copied.
- 5.2.6.2: Why do we need 2 identical trees of topics (1 with, the other
without attachments)? If attachments are so important, why not add a
flag and/or attachment to the notification message indicating whether
the message included an attachment or not.
- 5.2.6.2: I think there should be some further description for how the
notification messagtes for digest are different and what all needs to go
in the contents of this message.
- 5.2.6.2.1 line 1029: TimeOfTransition should match the pseudo-schema
Time.
- 5.2.6.2.1: What should Time be set to when the topic is digest. I
think each transition should have its own value for transition time.

Bryan