Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - wd-wsdm-muws-part1-1.0-20041127.doc uploaded

See <wv></wv>.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sedukhin, Igor S [mailto:Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 9:41 PM
To: Vambenepe, William N; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - wd-wsdm-muws-part1-1.0-20041127.doc
uploaded

My comments on the subj:

121-122: [portType element information item] it is either element or EII
but across the document. Pick one. I suggest the "element". The document
jumps from one to the other and that is not appropriate.

<wv>Done. Element.</wv>

255 shold better say [choice of an implementation approach]

<wv>Done. "implementation strategy" since "approach" is already used in
the sentence</wv>

288 [resource-specific] was just fine over there, I believe. I do not
understand why is this wording bifurcation happening in that sentence...

<wv>Every reviewers has a different opinion on that one! Mark, Heather,
Igor... I am leaving it unchanged if this is real a big deal for someone
please bring it up on the call Thursday.</wv>

301 [allows for a range of coverage]... [gradual coverage]... Just say
[covers equally well starting from the low-end manageability up to the
high-end manageability]...

<wv>Another sentence that everyone seems to have an opinion on. It now
reads "provides appropriate coverage"</wv>

309 should be [This flexibility]

<wv>Fixed</wv>

361 [One such element of metadata on properties] should be [One such
metadata on properties] and similarily [Capability is an element of
metadata that] should be [Capability is metadata that]. This use of
"element" is confusing here with its meaning of an XML element
throughout the document.

<wv>Replaced "element" with "item" to prevent this confusion. I don't
know what "a metadata" is just like I don't know what "a data" is. But I
know what a "data item" is. Also changed this in part 2.</wv>

420 [permitting virtually free-form expression of events.] This is very
fancy. It is not really free form, is it? There is a form given here and
unless it conforms to it it ain't a WSDM event. So I suggest that this
statement is removed. One may simply state [WSDM event format is
extensible.] Which is already stated somewhat in the sentense above
this.

<wv>Done. Igor has not pity for poetry... ;-)</wv>

421 I do not believe that Figute 6 is at all necessaary. We have only
used UML to represent individual capabilities so far. Never any data
models. It is not consistent to represent some data and not the other. I
suggest that we keep using UML for only the capability models
(properties, operations, events.

<wv>Gone. Igor has not pity for visual arts either... ;-)</wv>

516 [The manageability capability URI for the Identity capability is]
why not just say [This capability is identified by the following URI]

<wv>Both are equally fine but since it seems like a detail I'd rather
not go through both parts to change this.</wv>

538-540 That stuff just hangs out there without any obvious attahment.
Why not precede this with [This property has the following metadata:]
and indent the lines.

<wv>Done</wv>

592 [characteristics of a manageability interface rather than the
resource.] I think not. I think [characteristics of a manageability
endpoint implementation rather than the resource.]

<wv>Done</wv>

Schema:

I suggest that we do <xs:group instead of <xs:complexType. I do not
understand how [CorrelatablePropertiesPropertiesType] is useable by
anybody else. I don't know why is it there if it is not useable.

<wv>Not super compelling use case but I could see someone using this
type to report the subset of correlatable properties that was used to
assert an identity. Say, if "CorrelatablePropertiesProperties" gave me
three options and one of them is a match I could create a
"VerifiedCorrelatableProperties" element of the same type that contains
only the correlatable properties expression that provided me with a
match. In any case, it doesn't hurt, does it?</wv>

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)