Subject: RE: [wsdm] MUWS Comments part 2

(1) is fixed

For (2), http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ says:

 The namespace prefix, unless it is xml or xmlns, must have been declared in a namespace declaration attribute in either the start-tag of the element where the prefix is used or in an an ancestor element (i.e. an element in whose content the prefixed markup occurs). The prefix xml is by definition bound to the namespace name http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace. The prefix xmlns is used only for namespace bindings and is not itself bound to any namespace name.

I have seen many long discussions about whether it is required, advised, unrecommendable or illegal to explicilty declare this namespace. I don't know what the concensus is on best approach. It is now in the schema.

On (3), I added wstop and wsa. wsrf-rp is only used in the schema (with a prefix definition) not in the text or the examples so we don't need to define it in the table.

On (4) I'd much rather not make the spec any longer than it needs to be. So let's not put this in the schemas in appendix since the one already in the doc presumably covers the whole doc. We might want to put the disclaimer in the "Standalone" schema documents when we post them though.

Thanks,

William

From: Zhili Zhang [mailto:zhili@tibco.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 4:22 PM
To: Heather Kreger; Vambenepe, William N
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi William,

Here are my comments on document wd-wsdm-muws-part2-1.0-20041126.doc.

(1) In the WSDL, the following resource property documents from namespace "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/muws/wd-wsdm-muws-part2-1.0.xsd" are referenced in various portTypes. However, they are not defined in that namespace.

muws-p2-xs:DescriptionProperties
muws-p2-xs:MetricsProperties
muws-p2-xs:RelationshipsProperties
muws-p2-xs:RelationshipResourceProperties

(2) QName "xml:lang" is used in schema. Strictly speaking, the XSD should have the following import statement:

import namespace = "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

Otherwise, several schema validators will give the following error:
#src-resolve.4 QName reference "xml:lang" can't be resolved as namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" wasn't imported. (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#src-resolve)

Other validators like .NET may work well with it. However, a simple fix like this will make WSDM schemas solid.

(3) The namespace table in Introduction section (page 5) lists namespaces for ServiceGroup (wssg), etc. Couple of others are missing from the table, such as wsrf-rp, wstop, wsa.

(4) Should we insert OASIS legal disclaimer into normative XSDs, WSDLs, topic instances? Schemas and WSDLs from other groups like WSN, WSRF have it.

Thanks
Zhili