Subject: RE: Here is the MUWS document with my editorial markup

ok, you're right on this. I will take care of this in the next revision today.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Andrea Westerinen [mailto:andreaw@cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:22 AM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Igor, I would like MOWS to extend MUWS and not change it.  Therefore, you wouldn't change the inheritance hierarchy, but add to it.  Your words are right, but I interpret them differently in UML.  When you say the resource is a WS endpoint, you are really saying that the endpoint takes on the properties / associations / characteristics of a resource - that makes endpoint the subclass.  This leaves resource as a general abstraction, but in the case of MOWS says that the endpoint IS-A kind of a resource.  I really can't see it as the other way round.

Andrea