Subject: RE: [wsdm] <Capability> metadata

Fine. Isn't it weird that I am the only one trying to save ink even though ink pays my mortgage?

William

From: Heather Kreger [mailto:kreger@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:11 PM
To: Vambenepe, William N; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

We only have one operation in all of MUWS (its in relationships). So, I don't think that its tedious to add the capaility metadata for that operation.
Its certainly more conssitent and less impact than another reorg.  And it is easy to understand everything in a capability without haveing to flip back and forth all through the spec.  When you follow the same format its easier for people to follow even if it seems overdone.

As long as we make this statement IN EACH capability it might be ok... but I'm not sure its any less tedious and might be more confusing.

Of course its tedious.  Its a normative (mostly) spec.  We struck all the poetry and art. :-)

We have no metadata for Events so no whining there.

I won't lie down in the road over this.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

12/02/2004 05:47 PM

"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>, <wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [wsdm] <Capability> metadata

It really seems to me that we are repeating stuff over and  over again and it makes the spec really long and tedious. All the  properties/operations/events we define are clearly defined as part of one  capability and the URI for this capability is clearly indicated in the beginning  of the section hat defines this capability. Can't we just say once that every  property/operation/event has as "capability" metadata the URI of the capability  that it is defined in and be done with this?

This is the same reason why I was (still am) against  repeating for each capability that it is a topic defined for all events about  this capability. This can just as well be said once. But on the call today the  group decided to repeat it for every capability so fine, I'll do  that.

But for "capability" we are talking about not just doing it  once per capability but once per operation/property/event. This is ridiculous! I  agree with Igor's remark that it's not very logical to only say it for  properties but to be consistent I would much rather say it once and for  all.

William