Subject: Re: [wsdm] RE:

Folks,

On 22 Apr 2005, at 14:35, Carol Geyer wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> From a PR standpoint, the good news is, interops are usually very well
> received. The bad news is, private interops don't generate the kind of
> press the WSDM team deserves. My advise would be to re-stage this at a
> public forum, where we could get more mileage by promoting this to
> editors and analysts as the first WSDM OASIS InterOp. Dee Schur
> handles InterOp outreach for OASIS, and I'm sure she'd be happy to
> work with you to identify the best conference for something like this.
> Last week's WS-Security OASIS InterOp at the Gartner WS Summit was a
> big hit. I'd love to see something similar for WSDM. Would the TC be
> interested in pursuing a public event?

I believe that we should hold off on a big public interop until we have
a set of specs where all the parts are stable. It would be interesting
therefore to consider this big splash activity in conjunction with WSRF
and WSN sometime in the late Autumn.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE