Subject: Important delivery and F2F dates

At the WSDM F2F this week in Chicago, we set several key dates for deliverables that we all need to be aware of:

1. August 22, Publish WSDM Primer
2. October 15, Committe Draft of WSDM Next Generation (NG)
3. July 30, Complete Scenario for EMW Demo
4. July 30, Corporate committment to participate in EMW Demo.

The WSDM NG specification is primarily focused around moving to having all specifications normatively refrenced by WSDM be official standards in thier respective organizations, and a few other key features. Please see the lineitems document for those marked NG. If there are lineitems that you think are essential to the adoption of WSDM which can be done in this timeframe, please speak up now so that we can proceed with planning.

We also decided to aim for the next WSDM F2F to be during the 3rd week of August in the Bay area, California.

This F2F will be focussed on accomplishing 3 objectives:
1. Demo integration for vendors participating in the September EMW demo.
2. Approving the Primer for publication
3. Discussion of any contentious WSDM NG lineitems or issues.

We will need more thean 3 the usual 2 days to accomplish this so I suggest the dates be Monday, August 15 Noon thru Thursday, August 18 Noon.

Please let us know asap if this is in conflict with other major meetings that may keep us below Quorum or if you will NOT be able to attend.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572