Subject: RE: [wsdm] Question about SituationCategory in MUWS part 2

Bryan, Hiroyuki, all,

IMHO, the spec doesn't explain how to construct these taxonomies very
well (and perhaps the spec shouldn't), but I think it would be helpful
to have a discussion in the Primer that goes into more detail.  After
struggling to figure out how this is done during some of my own writing
of the Primer, here's what I believe is the appropriate way of defining
each of the SituationCategories (I don't believe there are any child
relationship between these categories, which makes their definitions a
bit easier--they would follow the same pattern):

  <xs:element name="SituationCategoryDef"
type="muws-p2:SituationCategoryType"/>

  <xs:element name="XXXSituation">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:complexContent>
        <xs:restriction base="SituationCategoryDef " />
      </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

NOTE that SituationCategory is already defined in MUWS-P2 as a child
element of SituationType; thus, I believe I need a different name for
the GED for defining the Situation Categories.

Recognizing hierarchical relationships between the elements your are
defining becomes a little tricker.

Compare the definition of OperationStates in MOWS.)

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO
802 765-4337