Subject: RE: [wsdm] RE: DeviceState Taxonomy

Thanks for setting the point straight.  All the state taxonomies in the primer, for the PDA and for the Printer are correct.

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development

Office of the CTO

802 765-4337

-----Original Message-----
From:
Murray, Bryan P. [mailto:bryan.murray@hp.com]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 6:29 PM
To:
Wilson, Kirk D; Heather Kreger
Cc:
wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] RE: DeviceState Taxonomy

Kirk,

The State capability is just a pattern for actual capabilities to be extended from state for specific resources. State does not define any proeprties or operations - it only defines types which must be used by capabilities extended from State. As such, the property name used in an extended State is not specified by MUWS. This means DeviceState in the primer is of type StateType, but it does not need to have the name State or to be a child of a State element.

I agree that the example in 3.2.4.1 is confusing. Heather we should add an action item to fix this in the spec.

Bryan