Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - WSDM Primer: An introduction to WSDM (wd-wsdm-primer-introduction_v1.doc) uploaded

Great point.  I would definitely want to incorporate that.

Thanks Prakash,
:Vaughn

-----Original Message-----
From: Prakash Yamuna [mailto:prakash.yamuna@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:18 PM
To: vbullard@amberpoint.com; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - WSDM Primer: An introduction to WSDM
(wd-wsdm-primer-introduction_v1.doc) uploaded

I think one aspect that is fairly implicit in the motivation but perhaps may
benefit from explicit elaboration is - why the WSDM spec goes beyond just
using web services for management.

If only using web services was the motivation for WSDM - then the need for
standardization in terms of resource property documents, etc would not be an
issue for consideration.

So I think a section that says something about going beyond using web
services for managing IT infrastructure may be beneficial in laying the
foundation for why WSDM leverages the concept of resources, resource
property documents, etc.

An Example to demonstrate life "without WSDM but using web services" and
"with WSDM" for management - may prove useful in driving home the point.

My $0.02.

Thanks,
prakash