Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Primer with Heather's updates for Metadataand Extending capabilities (wd-wsdm

If this is truly a standalone document, then we should not refer to
"this primer".  What primer?  Where is it (in relation to the document
they are reading)?  Perhaps refer to "this document" or "this
introduction".

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO
802 765-4337

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Peel [mailto:mpeel@novell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:49 PM
To: Wilson, Kirk D; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Primer with Heather's updates for
Metadataand Extending capabilities (wd-wsdm

  We might begin to address Kirk's point by recasting the first
sentence of the introduction:

"Reading this primer should prepare the reader to understand the
specifications that make up the WSDM standard (Management of Web
Services and Management Using Web Services; abbreviated MOWS and MUWS)
and also some of that standard's supporting specifications (e.g.,
WS-ResourceProperties and WS-BaseNotification)."

Cheers,

Mark Peel
Web Services Infrastructure
Novell, Inc.

>>> "Wilson, Kirk D" <Kirk.Wilson@ca.com> 9/7/2005 9:39:00 am >>>
Heather, Bryan,

Question on some changes in section 1.  I noticed in this version, a
number of occurrences of "WSDM" in the Primer Introduction were
changed
to the more technically correct "MUWS" or "MOWS".  However, for the
reader, the distinction between MUWS and MOWS is not introduced until
section 1.2.4.2.  Doesn't the change assume that the reader is already
going to be familiar with the organization of the specification before
reading the introduction?