Subject: RE: [wsdm] Question about example of Sec. 4.6 Metrics

When you say "If CalculationInterval is relevant to TimeScope=Interval,
then it is relevant to MOWS metrics" you mean just in this example. MOWS
doesn't mandate TimeScope=Interval. It also allows TimeScope=SinceReset.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson, Kirk D [mailto:Kirk.Wilson@ca.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 8:55 AM
To: Mitsunori Satomi; Murray, Bryan P.
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org; fred.carter@amberpoint.com

Additional (critical) thoughts on Metrics:

It seems to be that the definition of CalculationInterval in MUWS is
ambiguous.  Does it pertain to the interval involved in
TimeScope=Interval (as Bryan interprets it) or to GatheringTime=Periodic
(as I originally interpreted it).  Note that the CalculationInterval "is
used only for a value of a metric that is updated at regular intervals."
This apparently, IMHO, ties back to the definition of Periodic gathering
time (the value of a metric is updated on a regularly scheduled basis).

If CalculationInterval is relevant to TimeScope=Interval, then it is
relevant to MOWS metrics. If CalculationInternval is relevant to
GatheringTime=Periodic, then I don't see that it is relevant to MOWS
metrics.

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO