Subject: EMW Demo status

Hi Folks,

Just a quick line on how EMW went.

The WSDM Demo went off without a hitch, the demo worked great! There were 40-50 attendes, and OASIS created packets with the first chapter of our primer, an OASIS created brochure, and brochures from each of the participating companies. I did have comments that it was very professional and that we made a good impression. I also had some queries from some of the attendees, so I think we generated some interest.  There was also a new posting SearchWebServices.com

At the last minute (Friday before EMW) we were also given a table in the demo area, Barry was able to create a flash that we could run during the Exposition. Bill Arnold also demonstrated a WSDM Manageable Resource builder that IBM will be posting on Alphaworks in October. It came off pretty good given the short time it was to pull it off.

So, great job everyone!  We can be proud of what we've accomplished!

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572