Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - OperationMetricsProposal (MowsOpMetrics.doc) uploaded

I see. So we have to use QueryResourceProperties because GetResourceProperty won't be able to distinguish between operations.

From: Fred Carter [mailto:fred.carter@amberpoint.com]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 10:52 AM
To: Tony Gullotta
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Well, it's just a properties document.  So whatever query mechanism for that would have to do -- that's a WSDM limit, I think.  So this would use the QueryResourceProperties optional call with a query expression (dialect XPath) of
    *[namespace-uri()="this capability's namespace" and ./@operationName="desiredOperation"]
(or something like that)

An alternative, where the query function isn't required, would be to name the operation metrics with the operation name.  However, I think we'd have a hard time coming up with a schema then (we'd need a meta schema :-) ), since we wouldn't have the metric names at spec time (since the operations vary quite a bit, obviously).

At a higher level, the choice at some level, was either individual metrics or a more general property document element for the operation -- that would contain all the stuff  about an operation.  This seemed counter to how we've done capabilities, so I separated it this way.

The other choice involves a capability (or some combination thereof) that instituted a subdocument for operation properties.  I wasn't quite sure if that was easily representable, so...

Thus quoth Tony Gullotta (~ 10/14/2005 10:34 AM ~)...
How would I request the NumberOfRequests metric for just one operation?