Subject: AI 233a

Regarding AI 233a: I searched through the minutes for WSRF since the AI
date (August 11, 2005) and did not find any mention of a "simple
property path dialect" to be used with QueryResourceProperties
operation. I vaguely remember discussing this in ages past as a way to
reduce the number of get operations from 3 to 1 with very cool reception
and subsequent rejection of the idea. However, this was before WSRF
decided to allow properties to be defined without being GEDs.

Given that WS-ResourceProperties is a Committee Specification now and
the TC is deciding whether to continue to OASIS Standard now, I suspect
that the committee will not be willing to entertain such an idea for
this version of the spec.

As a work-around, WSDM can define such a dialect in the MUWS part 2
spec.

Bryan