Subject: RE: [wsdm] Comment on MUWS part 1 and 2

OK,

Now I'm getting heartburn.

Vaughn

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson, Kirk D [mailto:Kirk.Wilson@ca.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:03 AM
To: Mitsunori Satomi; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Mitsunori-san:

I think we need to discuss the LastUpdated problem on the conf. call.
You're right the text doesn't say anything explicitly about the requirements
for using the LastUpdated attribute.  But the definition of Duration
attribute is defined as the internval previous to the LastUpdated time,
which might implicitly imply that the LastUpdated attribute must be
provided.  A similar "implicit" implication might be read into
PointinTime--what was the point in time that the data represents.  But
you're right, given the way the spec was written, LastUpdated would be just
recommended.

Good catch on the <wsnt:Filter> tag.  Damn, now I'm going to have to review
the old WSN spec and completely revise the text on pp 31-32--only to
probably include the text all over again the WSDM 1.1 version of the Primer.
Have you and your colleagues found any other such examples.

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO
603 823-7146