Subject: Re: [wsdm] Question on restart

Hey Kirk,

You have to have some form of persistence for this-in database, flat file or some other mechanism.  A database, I think, would be better.

Vaughn

On Jun 20, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Wilson, Kirk D wrote:

All,

A colleague is working with Apache MUSE on an implementation of WSDM.  He has encountered the inevitable problem:  What happens when you REstart a WSDM client and you find that all your resources instance are no loner in memory.  (Obviously this is a problem that affects subscriptions as well.)

I guess the general answer is that these things need to be cached in some efficient manner.  My colleague has potentially many instances, and thus efficiency is a major concern.  Caching to a database seems unacceptable.  Is there any good ideas on other strategies to address this issue.

(My colleague considered having an init file.)

Kirk Wilson, Ph.D.
CA Inc.
Architect, Development
CA Labs