wsfed-comment message

Subject: WS-Federation and XML DSig

----- Forwarded by Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM on 09/10/2008 09:20 AM -----

Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM

Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

09/09/2008 12:19 PM

WS-Federation and XML DSig

Mike,

I believe it's likely that WS-Fed references the original DSig spec. The XML Signature Syntax and Processing spec has moved to Edition 2, which would be at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xmldsig-core-20080610/

I believe you also reference the original Canonicalization spec, and there's an update for that one too. But since the updates were in the inclusive canonicalization area and I believe you only use exclusive c14n, that one is a little less compelling. Nonetheless, a more modern spec reference would be http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-c14n11-20080502/

Would there be any reason why WS-Fed could not move up to these in your next update?

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com