wsfed message

Subject: WSFED TC issues list process

All,
 Pursuant to the TC’s decision to adopt the issues list process in use in the WS-SX TC, that process, adapted for use in the WSFED TC,  is described below.
   -greg
--------------------------
Issues life cycle
--------------------------
 Raising an issue:
- Issue is raised in email, with a description, indication of which document and draft the issue targets, and a proposed resolution if possible (one issue per email)
- Issue is assigned a number (in sequence), logged, and assigned a status of “new” (see below) by the issues list coordinators
- TC member raising the issue is assigned as initial owner
- Issue is discussed via the TC list and in conference calls / f2f meetings as determined by the co-chairs, based on priorities set by the TC
- Ownership of the issue may be transferred to another TC member if appropriate.  Originator will be maintained in history.
 Issue status:
·    New
Opened, but not yet accepted by the TC.  The co-chairs will schedule it on a meeting agenda as appropriate to determine whether it is accepted or dropped.  We’ve agreed to set a low bar for issues, so this status is not intended to imply that a lengthy discussion of each issue is required to determine if it is accepted or not.  This status implies that the TC has not reviewed to verify that the issue is not a duplicate, etc.
·    Active
Accepted by the TC as an issue.  In discussion.
 ·    Deferred
Accepted by the TC as an issue.  Discussion deferred (based on priorities, how this issue relates to others, etc.).
 ·    Pending
TC has agreed on a resolution.  Conference call or F2F minutes should reflect the agreement and decision.  In the editors’ queue to be applied to the target document.
 ·    Review
Editors have applied the agreed resolution to the document.  The draft the issue is applied in will be tracked.
·    Closed
TC has voted to approve the change by voting to accept the draft to which the change was applied, determined it is a duplicate, or no action is required. The reason it was closed will also be tracked.

Submitting an issue
Send an email proposing the issue using the following template: