wsfed message

Subject: WSFED TC Minutes, August 7, 2007

WSFED TC Minutes, August 07, 2007

Summary of new Action Items:

       None

1. Call to order/roll call

       Meeting called to order by co-chair Michael McIntosh.

       Status Change:

       1:Lost Voting Status,

       Tony Gullota, SOA
       Gene Thurston, AmberPoint

       Colleen Evans, Microsoft (requested Membership only).

       Attendance:

       Will Hopkins;BEA Systems, Inc.
       Jeff Bohren;BMC Software*
       Yakov Sverdlov;CA*
       Mike Kaiser;IBM
       Kelvin Lawrence;IBM
       Michael McIntosh;IBM
       Anthony Nadalin;IBM
       Larry Rogers;Lockheed Martin*
       Marc Goodner;Microsoft Corporation
       Chris Kaler;Microsoft Corporation
       Don Schmidt;Microsoft Corporation
       Abbie Barbir;Nortel
       Paul Knight;Nortel
       Steve Carter;Novell*
       Doug Earl;Novell*
       Rich Levinson;Oracle Corporation
       Anil Saldhana;Red Hat
       Don Adams;TIBCO Software Inc.
       Paul Lesov;Wells Fargo*

2. Reading/Approving minutes of last meeting (July 24, 2007 - rev 3)):

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsfed/email/archives/200707/msg00009.html

       Adopted unanimously.

3. TC Logistics (10 minutes or less)

       See AOB below.

4. Issues list

       http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/issues/Issues.xml

       a) Review of action items

       AI 2007-07-24-01 Completed on 07/31/2007.  Meetings have been scheduled biweekly through Sept. 04th.

       b) Issues in Review status

         None.

       c) New issues

       None

       d) Active issues

       i004 - Transitive closure spec dependencies

       In progress. Marc has started looking at this one.  In general the references seem pretty good with
       only some slight modifications. Marc anticipates having suggested updates for review by end of month.

       i005 - Complex claim data types

       Tony has made progress, but not ready to share details just yet.  He should have something for
       consideration by end of month.

       i006 - WSFED FAQ

       In progress.  No update available.

       i007 - Claim Type references

       In progress. Marc not able to talk to Don Adams about this yet.  Will talk to Don later this week and
       report status during next meeting.

       i008 - Sign-out notification and priority

       Don Schmidt will send email summarizing his comments to the TC list.  During the last meeting there
       was an open question regarding the fact that there was a mix of situations, some which might be
       addressable and some which fall outside the boundaries of the spec and therefore would not be addressable.
       Don will confirm his understanding with Paul and respond with a summary by the next meeting.

       f) Pending issues

         None.

5. AOB

       Mike Kaiser: Currently there are only 2 more meetings calendared (i.e. 21 Aug and 04 Sept).
       Will we have a September 4th meeting, since Sept 3rd is a US holiday?  Can we calendar biweekly meetings
       through the end of the year?

       Response: We will not meet on Sept 4th due Labor Day holiday in US (Sept 03). We will schedule the first
       meeting in September for Tues Sept 11th and then calendar a meeting every other week through the end of
       the year.  Members agreed to this plan.

       Mike McIntosh: Suggested that the TC make an extra effort to close the existing open items.

6. Adjournment

       Motion made and approved to adjourn.