OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsfed message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: WSFED TC Meeting minutes for November 11, 2008

WSFED TC Meeting minutes for November 11, 2008
       We are grateful to Nortel for sponsoring this call.

Summary of new Action Items:
        No new Action Items

1. Call to order

                - Verify Minute Taker  
                       Mike Kaiser to take minutes.
               - Roll Call

                - Status change (as of end of meeting):
                        - Lost voting status

                        - Gained voting status
                                Larry Rogers;Lockheed Martin
                - Attendance
                                 Doug Davis;IBM
                                Mike Kaiser;IBM
                                Michael McIntosh;IBM
                                Anthony Nadalin;IBM
                                Geoff Bullen;Microsoft Corporation
                                Greg Carpenter;Microsoft Corporation
                                Marc Goodner;Microsoft Corporation
                                Don Schmidt;Microsoft Corporation
                                Abbie Barbir;Nortel
                                Lloyd Burch;Novell*
                                Doug Earl;Novell*
                                Don Adams;TIBCO Software Inc.
                                Kent Spaulding;Tripod Technology Group, Inc.
                                Larry Rogers;Lockheed Martin

                - Online Chat Room Reminder
                        The meeting will have access to an online chat room at:

2. Reading/Approving minutes from October 28, 2008 [1]
               - Approved unanimously.

3. TC Logistics

               - Reminder:  
                        The TC meets every two weeks.

                       The next scheduled meeting is now Tuesday, November 25th, 2008.

                        Question:        Since this is the week of US Thanksgiving should we

                                       Consensus was to cancel the 11/25/2008 meeting due

                                        to travel and holiday conflicts. The next scheduled
                                        meeting will be in one month. (i.e. Tuesday,
                                        December 9th)

4. Issues list [2]
                - Actions
                        - Marc Goodner to write a draft response for PR0002 and circulate.
                               Proposed response posted [3A]
See general discussion text
                                below for responses.

                        - Don Schmidt to create and distribute a draft response for PR0002
                               See general discussion text below for responses.

                         - Mike McIntosh to create and distribute a draft response for

                                Done see reference [4].  See general discussion text below
                                for responses.

                        Comment rules from OASIS were posted to the chat room for discussion.
                        (Copied here) "Comments from non-TC Members must be collected via
                                the TCs archived public comment facility; comments made through
                                any other means shall not be accepted. The TC must acknowledge
                                the receipt of each comment, track the comments received, and
                                publish to its primary e-mail list the disposition of each
                                comment at the end of the review period."

                        Based on this there is consensus amongst the team that the minutes,
                        e-mail archive postings, etc... satisfy this requirement for response.
                        Therefore all three of these Actions should now be considered closed.

               - Issues                  
                       i015 - Non-standardized Normative References

                                WS-MEX and WS-RT are now both publically available
                               W3C Member Submissions. WSFED Spec references to these

                                should be updated accordingly.

                                Applied in working draft. Should be complete and posted today.

                                ACTION: Status Pending. Will change to Review draft with
                                                these reference updates is posted later today
                                                (November 11th, 2008).

                                Note though not explicitly stated in the meeting, here
                                are the publically referenced URL's for these two
                                W3C Member Submissions.

                        PR0001: Revise federation metadata document structure to eliminate
                                        ambiguities and improve interoperability[7]

                                Did not apply the edit exactly as proposed. In the proposal
                                there were singular forms that already existed in plural.  
                                Changes reused these pre-existing constructs.  The schema
                                upload matches the document 08. The Schema examples still
                                need to be converted to exemplars in the document.  

                                The changes reflected in the current revised draft editions
                                [5] and [6] should be looked at closely

                                STATUS: Update status to Review. This status change was
                                                overlooked previously. (See minutes from 10/14).                                        

                        PR0003: Should WS-Federation references to XML DSig be
                                        updatedto        Edition 2? [9]
                               Changes being cut into specification draft by editor. Version

                                        with updates should be posted later today (Nov 11th, 2008).

                                STATUS: Change to Review when posted.  

                        Issue i027 - Need capability for services to describe requestedclaim types
                               Proposal approved unanimously.  Changes being cut into

                                        specification to be posted later today. (Nov. 11th, 2008)
STATUS: Change to review when posted.

NEW ISSUES:                
                        None raised at today's meeting.        

6. Other business

                        We need to have another public review cycle due to substantive changes.
                        Discussion around whether or not we should initiate an electronic
                        CD and PR ballot prior to the next meeting.  

                        The concern was raised that if we start another PR immediately, we might
                        be put in a situation where we find another small comment or two during
                        PR requiring another cycle.  In the end, consensus was that we should
                        allow everyone the next four weeks until the next meeting to really take
                        a good hard look at the specification with all the changes.  Everyone
                        should push to post any comments with proposed solutions as soon as

                        Marc will push to get all the updates posted by today (Nov 11th, 2008)
                        to maximize everyone's time for review.  The plan is that at the
                        next scheduled meeting (Tues. December 9th, 2008) everyone should be
                        ready to vote on Committee Draft and Public Review Approval.


7. Roll Call Additions

               One addition to roll.

8. Adjournment

               Meeting adjourned.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsfed/200810/msg00011.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsfed/200811/msg00001.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsfed/200810/msg00010.html
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsfed/200808/msg00001.html
[8] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsfed-comment/200807/msg00000.html
[9] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsfed/email/archives/200809/msg00004.html

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]