wsfed message

Subject: Call for Vote - WS-Federation v1.2

To OASIS Members:

This is a Call For Vote to approve the following Committee
Specification set as an OASIS Standard:

Web Services Federation Language (WS-Federation) Version 1.2

Documents:
PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/federation/v1.2/cs/ws-federation-1.2-spec-cs-01.pdf
HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/federation/v1.2/cs/ws-federation-1.2-spec-cs-01.html
Word:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/federation/v1.2/cs/ws-federation-1.2-spec-cs-01.doc

Schema:
The schemas for this specification can be located at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/federation/v1.2/federation.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/authorization/v1.2/authorization.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsfed/privacy/v1.2/privacy.xsd

Ballot:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1677

The Committee Specification has had its required 60 day public review,
and the review materials were sent out to the membership of OASIS for
the required 15-day familiarization period. (Those materials can be
found at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200904/
msg00000.html.) As the required review and familiarization periods
have now been completed it is time to vote. The applicable section of
the OASIS TC Process is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#OASISstandard
.

Voting to approve the work product of our Technical Committees is a
key step in the OASIS process, to better assure our broader user
community of the quality and applicability of the methods or TCs
create.  I strongly encourage each member organization to consider the
works submitted for approval and participate by casting a ballot.

As each OASIS member organization has only one vote, participating
employees of your organization should provide their input to you,
their voting representative, so that you can decide how to vote on
behalf of your organization.  We point that out to them, on our [tc-
announce] list, concurrently with this message.

The voting representative from each OASIS member organization should
submit the organization's vote by 11:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
(US) 30 April 2009. Voting will be conducted using the OASIS member
database tools. To cast your ballots, go to the Voting group ballot
page at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/
ballots.php. You will need to log-in to the database tools in order to
cast your ballots; if you have not yet obtained your username and
password please contact Scott McGrath (scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org)
for help.

You may change your ballot until the time that balloting closes.
Ballots will be publicly archived. Comments may be made but are not
solicited as the specifications already have been subject to public
review.

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: fiberartisan
phone: 1.603.232.9090