wsia-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsia-comment] More News

Alan,

The point is that, to a much larger extent than one would think,
these organizations are not keeping track of each others' working
documents. Actually, this is equally or more of a problem within the
larger member companies, which have overlapping working units
concerned with bits and pieces of the overall web services picture
which are not as well coordinated as they would wish, and certainly
less well coordinated than the rest of us would like. I'm not
especially interested in calling attention to examples because it is
an overall condition within the industry and within academia as well.
That's the basic point of liaisons, getting these overlapping efforts
more aware of each other, so that they actually do keep track of what
each other is doing.

And there already are conflicts in the making, such as between WSFL
and Xlang. These haven't hardened into separate marketplace
initiatives to compete for developers, and it would be good if they
didn't.

As I was investigating the Web Services Interoperability
Organization, ws-i.org, I saw many of the same names as are
represented in this TC, and a significant few who are not. It makes
me wonder... I would be a great deal happier to know that the major
public efforts are in synch by design, rather than by watchfulness.

Ciao,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks