wsia-comment message

Subject: [wsia-comment] Media Note-Article on Wasted Tech Spending

This came up on the xml-dev list today:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/general/2002/05/20/squander.htm

I thought I would pass it along. Maybe it's just my background in
advertising and marketing, but I have now seen enough such reports to
think that we have a definite trend here. That is going to make it
more difficult to sell web services unless we make double dipping
sure that we don't make it into something perceived as too difficult
or costly to implement in tough times for IT budgets. Our
difficulties with terminology vis a vis WSRP in the Joint Interfaces
sub group points up the necessity for clarity and ease of explanation
to potential customers of apps built with WSIA/WSRP vocabularies.

We will really be in a swivet if we are perceived as arrogant,
whether we are arrogant or not, so I think that we should consider
some kind of educational effort if we can about web services even
while we are up to our armpits in the complexities of codifying it.

Always glad to be the voice of good cheer,
Rex