wsia-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsia-comment] RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Next Meeting Information

Title: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Next Meeting Information

We would like to invite you to attend the first public presentation of DreamFactory at SDForum Web Services Special Interest Group on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 6:30 PM, Microsoft Main Campus, 1065 La Avenida, Bldg. 1, Mountain View, CA. Here is a link to the SDForum announcement page, and here is a summary of the presentation:

Building Rich Clients for Web Services

Bill Appleton will be presenting the new version of DreamFactory, the first browser-based web services client. DreamFactory enables the enterprise professional to quickly build high-performance user interface front-ends that are loosely bound to web services on the middleware tier. These applications reside on the client and run in the browser, providing total control over every aspect of interactivity, user interface, rich media, and server communication. This allows the server side to focus on web services instead of HTML page generation, which streamlines design, enhances user experience, reduces traffic, and lowers cost.

In the presentation, a variety of projects and controls will be quickly built right in the browser and hooked up to web services from XMethods and others. The controls will be copied and pasted from web page to web page, and then re-purposed and modified. This provides a deep solution to the enterprise aggregation and integration problem from the client-side, and opens up entirely new business models like syndication, co-branding, cross-selling, joint offerings, and outsourcing.

Thanks!

Bill Appleton,
President, Chief Scientist
DreamFactory Software

----- Original Message -----
From: Rex Brooks
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 9:38 AM

Thanks, Joely,

I hope you can find a sponsor. I may have an idea how that might be aided, but it depends on how things play out in the OASIS Web Services for Interactive Applications (WSIA) and Web Services for Remote Portals (WSRP) combined TCs face-to-face meetings the week of June 24-27. As a framework begins to emerge for where in the process of establishing a Web Service connection from an end-user end point to N-many supplier end points for HTML. XHTML, XML and WML (and associated  protocols), and simultaneously, the competing efforts for a "federated" system of end-user identification authentication and certification "single-sign-on" system converge, the central role and importance of humanmarkup will become much more apparent. Hopefully, we will then become more interesting to many e-commerce and e-communications concerns. I hope to have firmed up an alliance with the HR-XML Consortium, too, as well the standardized Name and Address efforts.

That is where and when the theoretical aims of humanmarkup meet the pragmatic applications need for an unbiased and global standard for accurate human-centered information and tools.

Thanks, and best of luck.

Regards,
Rex Brooks