Subject: RE: [wscm] Motion for a WSIA Glossary of Terms

Hi Everyone,

I have another sample, from the HumanMarkup TC, labelled (1) below,
and I would like to remind you all that it is in unformatted
text-only. That means you need to save it locally, and open it in the
word-processing program of your choice. We perceived this need for a
glossary also, and I would like to add that there are a wealth of
non-congruous terms between XML, RDF and UML which I formalized in
the column headers of a strawman table of classes, (2) below,  and
properties derived from our ontological taxonomical frameworks, (3)
below (also a text-only file).

Clarifying how we mean to use these terms is another idea you might
want to consider for the operational terms in this glossary for TSIA,
as long a we are collecting the base or foundational materials for
the building of our lexical vocabularies. Notions of  Element, Class,
Attributes, and Type (which, as the definition of Class) in RDF I did
not specify in the headers), Methods vs. Operations, etc need such
clarification for us in a more formal manner than a strawman  OO
Class Hierarchy such as I constructed as the basis for an
out-of-scope exercise for HumanML (more for my own later purposes in
application-building).

1 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HMI.glossary.txt

2
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/humanmarkup/files/Conceptual/Classes/Table.of.Classes.Properties/humanMLClasses-R2cx.html

3 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HM.frameworks.txt

Last note, I am not submitting the HumanML glossary as a basis for
TSIA, let alone the practices I adopted, but rather as another
example of expanding upon terms when appropriate in a monograph that
adds further explication of TSIA use of a term.

Ciao,
Rex