Subject: [wsia] RE: Responding to your Request for HumanML Information

Hi Suresh,

I am copying the TC list with this because I think it is probably a
good idea to clarify this point.

HR-XML is an entire consortium unto itself and has nothing to do with
HumanML, except that there is potential overlap which we in
HumanMarkup must account for in our work. HR-XML is pretty thoroughly
dedicated to business applications for Human Resources Departments,
so I would encourage you to use their schema in that context. Also,
for the purposes of the WSIA, HR-XML ought to be consulted in some
fashion for harmonizing data exchange mechanisms at the least, and
many other areas of overlap with regard to Web Services. I don't
think HR-XML is aimed at, or likely to engage in, areas beyond their
limited charter. So, I wouldn't think that they would be producing
personalization profiles, except in terms of employee records
management.

I can't at the moment volunteer to do that, but since it is on my
longer term agenda, I will be looking into this area more completely
eventually.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Ciao,
Rex