Subject: [wsia] pdf?

Is there some specific reason why no one is posting their scenarios
in pdf? I don't really care myself, but I thought it was agreed upon
as the format of choice for these works.

However, I am noticing some rather annoying Word artifacts. Is there
some reason why Word is not creating generic, uncluttered html? I
write mine from scratch, and convert everything to ascii text first,
and as far as that is concerned, since I don't think John writes html
as such, or Xhtml, it really would be better all around, especially
for inclusion on our website, if these scenarios, and later, the use
cases to be in pdf, especially if they are UML and done in some
program other than Rational Rose. Getting a publishable version may
involve jumping through some hoops, in which case I would rather just
volunteer to convert it than have it come up floopy on the web. Rose
can output web pages or Word compatible versions of its diagrams, and
for the sake of round tripping our work straight into code, it would
be preferable.

Ciao,
Rex

P.S. Hearing no dissent, I have passed the presentation along to the
architecture folks at the Web 3D Consortium. We are waiting for a
penultimate version of the X3D spec for approval before harvesting
requirements from this arena.
--
Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com