Subject: Re: [wsia] Can a producer make look & feel changes?

Hi All,

Lack of concern or constraint upon look and feel isn't a general
Producer characteristic, just in the LCD Embedded Case. The other
cases, starting with Customized actually assume that when a Producer
publishes their services they can stipulate this and other factors,
and in the case of one of our seminal scenarios presented by Eilon
Reshef of Web Collage, based on a real client, a department store
boutigue,Sephora, I believe, was required by Chanel to make no
changes to the look and feel of Chanel-provided product ads which
Sephora, through Web Collage, repackaged to the minimal extent.

In your example, I believe we would call the enterprise which
customizes the look and feel the actual WSIA Consumer (if this were a
WSIA transaction). This is, in fact, a very apt example of a
customization use case scenario. When the enterprise changes hats,
republishes the service, the enterprise becomes a Producer and has
the option of placing a constraint on the ability of any subsequent
Consumer to make any further adaptations to the new first line
published service.

The list of approaches very neatly encapsulates many of the options
which require some sort of negotiation phase between Producer and
Consumer to come to an agreement or contract. This is where the
partner and the enterprise define their roles more precisely.

Our use cases are derived from scenarios and model the processes we
want to harvest for requirements. The summary I attached goes into
that. I happen to wrestling with another set of requirements, so this
process is getting pretty familiar.

I hope that makes things a bit more clear. When you live with this
for a while, it gets easy to lose track of what the rest of the world
understands about the work in which you're tighttly wrapped. I
suspect Charlie and Sean will have some interesting tales from their
recent presentations.

Ciao,
Rex