Subject: RE: [wsia] OASIS-W3C relationships for WSIA

Title: RE: [wsia] OASIS-W3C relationships for WSIA
I concur. I have followed the discussion of XMLP on xml-dev and it has fizzled for lack of controversy or specifics I imagine, but it may solve the one aspect of Web Services for which I have yet to find the appropriate forum, mainly that we need a way to pre-secure the channels for a set of services or at least check them and make sure that the channels are open and available for transmission before a full session is engaged. For the simplest embedded, or fire-and-forget use cases from wsia producers it is not a problem, but onward from that point it becomes problematic in a range from minor to absolute.

Ciao,
Rex

At 10:07 AM -0500 4/4/02, Eilon Reshef wrote:
I would add XMLP, just in case we have some requirements around transport of HTML documents, around meta-definitions and interface support, etc.
-----Original Message-----
From: Charles F Wiecha [mailto:wiecha@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 9:49 AM
To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsia] OASIS-W3C relationships for WSIA

Folks -- here's my draft response to Karl around potential liaison
relationships between WSIA and W3C...please post any comments or
suggestions for additions. I need to get back to him later on today.
Thanks, Charlie
Karl -- in addition to the Web Services Architecture WG, it would be useful
for WSIA to have relationships with the following W3C working groups and
activities:. (1) XFORMS, (2) on-going work around XLINK or other approaches
to separating linking from documents, and XPOINTER,  (3) XPATH, and (5)
multimodal interaction.
Our work will draw more broadly from other working groups, such as Schema,
SOAP, DOM, HTML and so on, but we can probably track those groups without
the need for a more formal liaison relationship.
Charlie Wiecha