Subject: [wsia] FW: [wsrp] WSXL paper update

Title: Message
Sorry, forgot the other list...

-----Original Message-----
From: Eilon Reshef [mailto:eilon.reshef@webcollage.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 3:32 PM
To: 'Rich Thompson'
Cc: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsrp] WSXL paper update

Looks very interesting. I had some questions regarding the WSXL document:

Am I correct in my understanding that the framework assumes that the Producer has a stateful service (portlet) end, that can store and return the property values? Is this something you have been debating internally? Did you also consider a hybrid model in which the Producer doesn't have to store the property list, but rather receives it in the getOutput/invokeAction calls, but still able to publish a schema for those properties? Were there any interesting other approaches and pros and cons?

Regarding properties, did you envision that any schema would be legal, or did you envision a model where the scheme is constrained in some way (e.g., name value pairs, ...)?

You chose to have a semi-dynamic model for adaptation points, so they are not specified as part of the WSDL (makes sense, since they might change with versions of the implementation), but are the same for all instances (i.e., not on a per-instance basis). Did you have discussions around cases where the WSXL service is itself highly customizable or personalized (based on user / configuration / sequence of pages / properties) so that the page layout changes significantly, and how to address that within the framework?

Eilon