Subject: RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements][E904]

I agree - we have been evading this terminology issue for two long. How
about rewording to use a consensual word - "Lifecycle":

E904
This specification should include operations and semantics
related to persisting stateful information between *Producer lifecycles*.

This also pertains to E902.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 15:19
To: 'wsia@lists.oasis-open.org'

I agree that the intent is to cover the need for an operation to indicate
the persisting of information and the semantics of how that can be
referenced in the lifecycle of a later 'session' between the Consumer and
Producer. I'm gussing the confusing word here is 'interactions', but have
no suggestions for a replacement.

                      Gil Tayar

                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:
"'wsia@lists.oasis-open.org'"
                      lage.com>                 <wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                               cc:

                      05/05/2002 02:16         Subject:  RE:
[wsia][wsia-requirements][E904]
                      AM

The idea is that there be a mechanism in which the producer can persist
information per user so that when it is invoked again, in another
session/instance, it can retrieve the information again. For example, if
the
user enters their name, it can remember that name and prefill it next time.