Subject: RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R414]

I'm a little uncomfortable with suggesting to the Consumer that it is
possible for them to ignore Producer validation constraints.  Operationally,
this cannot be expected to lead to good QOS.

I completely agree that the Consumer MAY specify additional validation
constraints.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 5:01 AM
To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

I think the original intent was that a Consumer may add property validation
constraints to those specified by the Producer (likely a 'republish'
requirement). Suggest:

      R414 [Functionality]
              The Consumer SHOULD adhere to whatever property validation
      constraints the Producer has specified. The Consumer MAY specify
      additional property validation constraints.

                      Eilon Reshef

                      <eilon.reshef@webc        To:       "'Alan Kropp'"
<akropp@epicentric.com>,
                      ollage.com>                wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

                                                cc:

                      05/04/2002 06:24          Subject:  RE:
[wsia][wsia-requirements][R414]
                      PM

I agree (except that I would change must to should...).