Subject: RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements][E904]

Rich,

I am just sending this to you because I want to find out if I am
wrong about this before submitting it to the group as a whole.
Especially since it is actually one of those areas where we need this
as an upper level requirement as opposed to what I have already said
in regard to specifying lower level particulars. Also, our language
is meandering into equivocations, and I don't want to sound too
emphatic, but:

I thought statefullness was the default condition. So wouldn't it be
more concise and terse to say

>E904
This specification SHOULD include operations and semantics to
determine the current state of any instances of the Producer's
service.

Of course then the question becomes: does a consumer need to have a
recent or long term history of the state of any instance of the
producer's service? And chasing that implication down into lower
levels is exactly where I think we would get bogged down.

I'll shut up now.

Rex