Subject: Re: AW: [wsia][wsia-requirements][E922]

Sean,
Let me clarify.
a) my point about "articulating the need" pertains to - why did this
requirement show up on the list? who was the original source? What was the
original scenario? Who made the inital motion?

We have all espressed our opinions but I was trying (not well stated as you
pointed out)  to determine how to get to the root issue (prior WSIA work)
that triggered the requirement.

b) As for my position, I am operating under a premise that any WSIA service
will be able to extend any WSDL compliant Web Service. With this premise in
mind, I do not see a need to call out or correlate the linkage between WSIA
applications and legacy applications. Since, WSIA applications can consist
of an aggregation of any number of  software services (including legacy
components). Maybe a key hang-up on my end is the definition of a legacy
application. Although such an application may have a tighly coupled
presentation/interactive layer today, in the WSIA world I see that legacy
application to be decomposed into business and data services that can be
augmented by WSIA applications and the legacy app developer may leave the
presentation layer undefined --- alla Enterprise Services

If I am the only one against the inclusion of the requirement for the sake
of productivity I will yeild.

Does anyone else beleive that this requirement shoul not be included?

Dan Gisolfi

Sean Fitts <sean@crossweave.com> on 05/09/2002 11:44:12 AM