Subject: WSIA 5/10/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R602]

Break 3) Into two requirements:

Suggestion:
3.  A WSIA Web Service MUST support embedded elements.  These include:

*	Flash
*	Applets
*	Other

A WSIA Web Services MAY support routing of actions triggered by embedded
elements.

Proposed:
It MUST support other embedded elements (e.g., Flash, Applets, etc.),
but
need not provide a way to correctly route Actions triggered by such
elements.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sean Fitts
	Sent: Fri 5/10/2002 12:05 AM
	To: Eilon Reshef; Monica Martin; wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: RE: WSIA 5/9/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R602]

	At 10:11 PM 5/9/2002 -0400, Eilon Reshef wrote:

		If I remember correctly, Sean did not feel comfortable
with the last sentence of statement 2 and the word "binary".

		So, where we stand might be the following, with the
exception that we still need to solicit input on the second part of
statement 3.

		Sean - I did no go back to the somewhat long discussion
yesterday, so please do (continue to ;-) correct me if I missed
something...

	No problem, sorry for rambling on, it's really not like me :-).

		This specification must support common Presentation
formats, which are in use today in Net-enabled applications. In
particular:

		1. It MUST support Presentation Fragments in HTML,
XHTML, XML and WML.

	Do we want to include cHTML or is that dead at this point?

		2. It MUST support ECMAScript as an associated scripting
language, and MUST include a way to correctly route Actions triggered by
scripts.

	Do we want to say anything about additional Presentation
Fragments generated
	by scripts?

		3. It SHOULD support other embedded elements (e.g.,
Flash, Applets, etc.), and SHOULD provide a way to correctly route
Actions triggered by such elements.

	Personally, I would prefer to leave action routing from such
elements for a later
	version of the specification.  I haven't seen any comments from
others on this
	(though they may have been lost in the recent exchange :-).

	My proposal would be:

	3.  It MUST support other embedded elements (e.g., Flash,
Applets, etc.), but
	need not provide a way to correctly route Actions triggered by
such elements.

	Sean