Subject: WSIA 5/16/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R130]

This is what I had proposed in some rewrites sent recently:

A Consumer SHOULD be able to consume both a statefuland stateless WSIA
Web Service.

M2: Note:  I feel the mechanism is not particularly necessary unless
boundaries need to be defined by another requirement

If we need to expand on boundaries, everyone pitch in.

Thank you.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Rich Thompson
	Sent: Wed 5/15/2002 2:37 PM
	To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R130]

	Originally:

	      A Consumer should be able to consume both a stateful WSIA
Web Service
	      and a stateless one. If needed, this specification should
define the
	      mechanism that allows the Consumer to support both cases.

	      Rewrite as one simple requirement: SR, RT, MM, TC, GT. Do
not use
	      "session", no recursive "lifecycle" definitions - instead
"for the
	      duration of..". Allow for Consumers that consume only
stateful or
	      stateless services.

	      How about:

	      This specification MUST allow a Consumer to consume only
stateful
	      WSIA Producers, only stateless WSIA Producers or both.

	      The comment may have implied combining in R129 - 131, but
I have no
	      clear recollection of that intent.