Subject: RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R905 and 601]

This gets back to my question today.  Is the use of "specification" to
mean the WSIA Web Service.  What can a specification do?  Perhaps the
answer is "Provide the capability for xx to do yy."

Thanks, Rex.
Monica

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Rex Brooks
	Sent: Wed 5/22/2002 11:18 AM
	To: Rich Thompson; wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

	Could we possibly change the construction of our requirements so
that
	it is the Specification which MUST, MUST NOT provide, preclude
etc?

	When we say Presentation Fragments MUST be capable.... what we
are
	saying is that the Presentation Fragment MUST be thus or such,
when
	what we mean is that the Specification MUST make it so that the
	Presentation Fragment can be capable... We all know what we
mean, but
	it bothers me a little that our thinking seems to need to take a
	rather, hmmmn (insert a PC term here) transposed form.

	Sorry. It's nitpicky, but clarity isn't easy.

	Ciao,
	Rex
	At 10:02 AM -0400 5/22/02, Rich Thompson wrote:
	>Couple of points:
	>- Thomas has pointed out in an initial WSRP pass through this
document that
	>we will fail if multiple presentation fragments can not be
combined into a
	>single page ... therefore change to MUST.
	>- There is also an intent to keep restrictions to the minimum
and a note
	>that they will be type specific.
	>
	>Suggest rewording to:
	>
	>    Different Presentation Fragments MUST be capable of being
combined in
	>    a single document. This MAY require specification of
restrictions
	>    specific
	>    to various markup types or Presentation Fragments, but any
such
	>    specification
	>    of restrictions MUST be minimized.  If a markup type (such
as HTML)
	>    mandates
	>    uniqueness of tokens in a single document, a page SHOULD be
composed in
	>    way that guarantees uniqueness. In particular, multiple
Presentation
	>    Fragments
	>    generated by the same Producer SHOULD be capable of being
combined.

>                       Monica
	>Martin
>                       <mmartin@certivo.        To:       Rich
	>Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
	>                       net>
	>cc:
>                                                Subject:  WSIA
	>5/21/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R905 and 601]
	>                       05/21/2002
	>08:43
>
	>PM
>

	>Several ideas:
	>
	>Composition of presentation fragments onto a page
	>
	>Composition of different presentation fragments onto a page
	>
	>Composition of different presentation fragments generated by a
producer
	>(May be the same as above)
	>
	>Restrictiions on presentation fragments (or markup types)
	>
	>Guarantee uniqueness of tokens in a single document defined by
the
	>presentation format
	>
	>
	>
	>
	>
	>E905 and E601
	>
	>Notes: [mm1: Namespace entity rewriting Javascript; Consumer
with
	>multiple Producers? Need justification. Include with
presentation
	>fragments (Consumer passes Producer a key).]
	>
	>
	>
	>Suggested text:
	>
	>Different Presentation Fragments SHOULD be capable of being
combined in
	>a single document. Restructions MAY be specified on markup
types or
	>Presentation Fragments.  In particular, if a presentation
format (such
	>as HTML) mandate uniqueness of tokens in a single document, a
page
	>SHOULD be composed in a way that guarantees uniqueness. In
particular,
	>Presentation Fragments generated by the same Producer SHOULD be
capable
	>of being composed.
	>
	>
	>
	>Comments and arrows welcome.
	>
	>Thanks.
	>Monica J. Martin
	>
	>Program Manager
	>
	>Drake Certivo, Inc.
	>
	>208.585.5946

the 'a'
	>version
	>is prior
	>              to accepting changes and rearranging the
requirements by
	>functional
	>              categories. In addition to those changes, the 'b'
version has
	>consistent
	>              capitalization of words like 'MUST' and Consumer.
I also noted
	>and
	>              implemented the global change of 'property' to
'context data'.

	>              (See attached file: WSIA reqs
2002-05-17a.doc)(See attached