Subject: WSIA 5/23/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R201]

I understand the intent, although I would seek suggestion on how that
requirement could be achieved.  Perhaps it really is RECOMMENDED.

Thanks.
Monica

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Rich Thompson
	Sent: Thu 5/23/2002 12:30 PM
	To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: Re: WSIA 5/23/2002: [wsia][wsia-requirements][R201]

	I just stepped back and looked at the intent we noted during the
F2F:  "
	Describe Intent - evolution and not revolution." How about:

	   The set of incremental skills required of a web application
developer in
	   order to author, publish or consume a WSIA Web Service MUST
be minimal.

Monica Martin
<mmartin@certivo.        To:       Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
	                      net>                     cc:
	                      05/23/2002 02:22
PM
How about say that the minimal conditions should be defined although we
	are not defining them?  Would need to decide when they should be
	defined.  "Simple" is not testable.

	A WSIA Web Service MUST be capable of being produced from or in
lieu of
	a pre-existing web application, under a minimum set of
pre-defined?
	default? conditions.

	Decide if it must be defined from a default set, defined when
developed,
	etc.....

	A WSIA Web Service SHOULD be capable of being published and
consumed
	under a
	minimum set of pre-defined? default? conditions.

	Same comment for team's input and resolve.

	Thanks.
	Monica