Subject: Re: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint interfaces][Draft Spec 0.44]

A couple of requests/comments ahead of tomorrow's joint conference call.

Request:  Can you either via an e-mail or during the call map the draft APIs to the various model APIs I sent in an
e-mail a little over a week ago?  I don't yet understand how a number of them are reflected in the current proposal.

Comments:

a) Because of the WSRP container model, I continue to be in the camp that different entities in the same container
will share a common session.  Your API doesn't support this.  It assumes each entity has a distinct session.  In my
world view the createSession call is made without any entity handles.  And a sessionID is passed to all createEntity
calls.

b) It seems a little strange (and harder for the developer to understand) for the producer to create transient
entities as an operational side effect as the consumer defines/manages the scope of this entity.  Why do we need
this?  Why not just leave the consumer in control?

c) destroyEntity -- I think we need a way to destroy many entities in a single call.  We can do this either via a bulk
operation (take a list of entities) or defining cascading deletes that operate on the entity hierarchy.

c) We need a bulk copy operation.

d) Can you clarify the semantics of the following action/get markup parameters:controllerURL, uniqueToken?

     -Mike-