Subject: RE: [wsia] [wsrp] Re: Confirmation of WSRP/WSIA Meetings in the weekofJune, 24th

Title: RE: [wsia] [wsrp] Re: Confirmation of WSRP/WSIA Meetings in the week ofJune, 24th

I regret that I will not be able to participate in this F2F meeting.  I will continue to participate in the teleconferences and hope to attend the next F2F, which I believe will be this Fall.

Sandra

Ms Sandra Swearingen
GS-13, Computer Scientist
HQ AFCA/ITCM
203 W. Losey St, Room 1100
Scott AFB, IL 62225-5222
DSN:  779-6830 (Commercial:  618-229-6830)
FAX:  DSN 779-5339
e-mail:  sandra.swearingen@scott.af.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles F Wiecha [mailto:wiecha@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:55 AM
To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsia] [wsrp] Re: Confirmation of WSRP/WSIA Meetings in the
week ofJune, 24th

Hello,

in order to organize the meeting space for the WSRP and WSIA TC meetings in
the week
of June 24th we need the number of persons that intend to participate
physically.

Can you please fill in the information to the attached template and send it
back to Mike Freedman (Michael.Freedman@oracle.com) and me at
wiecha@us.ibm.com.

I attached Mike's information on the meeting location and hotels to this
mail.
__________________________________

Name .................................

Company ..............................

I will physically participate in

   - the joint WSIA/WSRP session (Joint WSRP/WSIA Interfaces Subgroup) on
     June 26
     YES O
     NO  O

   - the WSIA meeting on June 27
     YES O
     NO  O

I will call in to the

   - the joint WSIA/WSRP session (Joint WSRP/WSIA Interfaces Subgroup) on
     June 26
     YES O
     NO  O

   - the WSIA meeting on June 27
     YES O
     NO  O

__________________________________

|         |           Michael Freedman  |
|         |           <Michael.Freedman@|
|         |           oracle.com>       |
|         |                             |
|         |           23.05.2002 20:40  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           Michael Freedman  |
|         |                             |

The meetings will be held in a room in the Oracle Conference Center.  This
is a separate building on the main Oracle campus.  Its address is 350
Oracle Parkway.  On the attached map it is indicated in pink above the 320
garage.

Directions to Oracle Conference center:
From US-101 (either north or south) :
Exit at Ralston/Marine World Parkway, east [towards the bay]
Left turn at Oracle Parkway.  (There are two entrances to Oracle Parkway --
left at the first light or left at the third light off of Marine World
Parkway.
Conference center is 350 Oracle Parkway.
If you turned at the first light the conference center is on your right
after the second stop sign.  If you turned at the third light the
conference center is on your left after the second stop sign.

There is ample parking.  The Conference Center reserved parking is in the
lot (not the parking structures) opposite the Conference Center.  You can
also park in any of the parking structures.

Airports:
San Francisco Intl Airport is closest.  However, San Jose or Oakland
airports are close enough to be convenient (~ 45 minute drive to the area
around Oracle).

Hotels:
I have attached a Word document with hotels close to Oracle as well as
those close to SFO airport.  The ones in the list that are closest to
Oracle are:
      Sofitel Hotel
      Summerfield Suites

Some budget hotels that are close are:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belmont, Ca
1650 El Camino Real
Belmont, CA US 94002

Econo Lodge Belmont
630 El Camino Real
Belmont, CA US 94002

Motel 6
1101 Shoreway Road
Belmont, CA 94002
PHONE: (650) 591-1471
Info: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.asp?MotelId=1251

I don't have particular recommendations for any of the above.  One thing to
consider outside convenience to Oracle is convenience to doing something at
night.  The hotels closet to Oracle (or generally those on the list) aren't
"in town".  Towns however are within easy reach of any/all (3-5 miles).
The downtowns with the best food/night life are San Francisco and Palo
Alto.  Staying in Palo Alto would mean about a 25 minute commute.
Depending on where you stay in SF you would face a 35-55 minute commute.
In the case of SF (and any northbound accommodations) 101 is usually
congested the first 4 miles above Oracle in the evening adding to your
commute times.  An alternative to driving is to take the train.  Oracle
provides a free shuttle service in the morning and evening to/from the
train stations.  For example, there is a Westin Hotel in downtown Palo Alto
a 2 minute walk from the train station which should have you to Oracle in
roughly the same time as driving.

      (See attached file: Oracle World Headquarters Hotels(client).doc)

(See attached file: Oracle World Headquarters Hotels(client).doc)
(See attached file: pic21430.gif)