Subject: RE: [wsia][wsrp-interfaces] Refactoring the data objects

I've been part of the Joint Interfaces subcommittee/workgroup since
it started and I was always under the impression that it was a joint
interface. In the F2F combined session I was under the impression
that we were working out a joint base or core protocol, although it
was referred to on several occasions as the WSRP Core Protocol.

I suggested during last Friday's WSIA meeting that it might prove
more valuable to view this joint specification as a base from which
both WSRP and WSIA separate specifications could be extensions, thus
providing a unified effort to the world at large, which will be an
easier sell than two separate specifications. It would also provide
for a unified vocabulary and processing standard.

I removed the wsrp-interface address from this reply because I am not
a member of that mailing list, and, although I doubt it is conscious,
most of the posting lately has not been on the public-comment lists.
Since I have occasion to discuss some of our work in other venues, it
makes it difficult for those with whom I sometimes discuss this work
to locate the relevant postings because it forces them to search the
mail archives, or me to forward it.

One of the things we have to do is to sell this work and I think the
key concept is interoperability.

Ciao,
Rex