Subject: RE: [wsia][wsrp-interfaces] userHandle

Please pass this to wsrp-interface list please.

You should be aware that you will eventually, and inevitably, be
dealing with levels or layers of profile information, some of which
can only be released by the end-user and may include a requirement
that it not be maintained separately from end-user beyond session.
Enforcement of such is, of course, rather difficult, though, no doubt
breaking trust may entail its own penalties, which can be enforced by
the end-user creating a rule for its own system disallowing consumers
who break trust from access to their profiles, or there may evolve a
system whereby single-sign-on authentication providers are informed
of such behavior and requested to deny access to any profile
information for consumers who break trust. Depending on how egregious
misbehavior gets, and it is pretty reprehensible on email lists now,
such penalties are inevitable, and in their own turn will provide
opportunities for abuse from malicious end-users.

We are finally getting down to brass tacks wrt profile info. I'm
afraid it is a pandora's box inside a can of worms wrapped by several
conundra. We can't base our work on pre-empting misbehavior, but we
live in a world full of it so we must also make some allowance for
it, so if there is a way, beyond security per se, in which we can
discourage such, it would be wise to do so at this point in the
process. Requiring call backs and final notification when session
info is destroyed up the chain may be a good idea, regardless of the
overhead in terms of performance.

Ciao,
Rex