Subject: RE: [wsia] Website Update

Now Rex has straightened me out on how the process should work, I'll just
post the minutes in the body of the email in future instead of as an
attachment. That should allow Rex to just add a link to the index page on
the website. I just resent the 7/12 minutes as an example, and if they look
ok Rex can maybe point to that resend from the website, as chances are it
will look better than the HTML I sent him before..

;-) gr

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 2:23 PM
To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsia] Website Update

Hi Everyone,

I have partially updated the website, adding the missing minutes. In
order to do this in a way that would not create too many
discrepancies in the chronological order of the mail archives, when
or if anyone wanted to check the originally posted files, I converted
them to webpages in Word which required a bit more work than I
expected due to the way Word does that.

I removed the most egregious extra characters thrown in by the
conversion subprogram, but the way in which the tables were converted
moved them arbitrarily to the left, taking the first characters out
of view, so if anyone is really interested in checking attendance,
you will either have to interpolate the missing characters or
download the original from the mail archive.  Everything else
displays as originally formatted in Word, except for the remaining
"special" additions that weren't worth the effort of tracking down in
the midst of the endless code MS introduces in their conversion
subprogram.

I will get to the subcommittee minutes soon, as I will also for the
first spec, but that was enough for one sitting.

 From now on I will add the text of the minutes into a quick repost to
the mail list so that anyone can read the minutes on screen that way
when I use that archive url as the link from the webpage. That will
give everyone the option of reading off the screen or downloading the
Word files as originally posted by the secretary(s). I will back up
the minutes files in the minutes folder on the OASIS website so that
we automatically have a redundant backup.

I will, at the least, add the current spec version tomorrow morning.
I am not quite up to doing the same amount of work I did today on the
subcommittee minutes this weekend. But I will have to do as I did for
the previous 3 months of missing minutes to be consistent and
maintain the chronology of the archives.

Ciao,
Rex