Subject: [wsia] Re: [wsrp-interfaces] State change in getMarkup?

Carsten,
    You are correct that sessionID prevents stateless consumers.  This was one
of the reasons I argued for the sessionID to be consumer based vs. producer
based.  What we have now is mostly stateless consumers.  This is still better
then allowing any ole markup state to be modified in that sessionIds don't
change very often and are small.  This allows for reasonable consumer caching
implementations in a load balanced environment (read many/write few -- as
writes are very costly).
   How do you think JSR 168 allows you to modify navigational state in
getMarkup?  I don't see where it does.  If you are refering to sessionId -- yes
it can be modified (reestablished) during a getMarkup -- but that puts us back
to my answer to 1 above -- i.e. we threw out truly stateless consumers when we
defined entity sessions vs. consumer sessions.  My understanding from the F2F
is that we could all live with that.
      -Mike-