Subject: RE: [wsia] 10-17 Minutes

Title: 10-17 Minutes
Hello,

I am getting a little concerned on two counts:

1. The emphasis on JSR 168 to the exclusion of more general support for a variety of portlets, and
2. The discussions tending toward 1 portlet per producer instead of multiple portlets per producer.

I think that we need a specification that will allow any portal developer to write a consumer that will contain any and all of their portlets. This producer can then connect to a consumer (again associated with any portal) that will display and operate the producer's portlets (essentially) as if they were running in the consumer's portal. Do either of my two concerns listed above have any merit?

Take care.

Joe Rudnicki