wsn-comment message

Subject: WS-Notification announcement and standards convergence

Hello!

Even though I am not a member of OASIS, I hope you will nevertheless
consider this comment related to the recent acceptance of
WS-Notification as an OASIS standard.

Early in March 2006, IBM, HP, Microsoft and others jointly produced a
joint white paper "Toward Converging Web Service Standards for
Resources, Events, and Management" - a very reassuring paper for the
future, since it is expressed somewhat as a commitment.

I was hoping to see (in the announcement) some reference to the vision
expressed in that WP stating that the WS-Notification announcement
remains true to the vision of achieving convergence of standards on WS
notification (and others) -- reinforcing that the commitment still holds
(assuming of course that this is still the case).

As an SDO producing standards that are referenced in the WP, I would
think that OASIS can contribute greatly to the convergence cause by at
least putting its achievements in that context.

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Desjardins
Dir. Technology Management