wsn message

Subject: The scribe (minute taker) process

- The chosen scribe checks minutes in HTML format on the Web site:

marking them as DRAFT, in the "meeting notes" folder.  We use a naming convention for the file, something like   20040429-wsn-minutes.html for example. This should happen within at  most 2/3 days of the meeting.

- People review minutes and email corrections to the list.

- At the beginning of the next  meeting, we review corrections sent to the list, ask for any other correction and then approve the minutes pending application of the  corrections.

- The scribe for the minutes that got approved makes the corrections and uploads the resulting HTML file as a revision of the original, marking it as APPROVED, and visible to the full OASIS membership, still in the "meeting notes" folder.

- If an error is found after the minutes are approved  we don't go back and modify the minutes where the error is but we note the correction in the minutes of the meeting in which the  correction is brought up. This way it is still minuted but we don't revisit documents that are already approved.

Comments welcome

Susan Malaika