wsn message

I believe the upshot of the previous exchange is, if you expect a
subscriber to make a lot of subscriptions, the lease time had better be
long or indefinite.  In fact, from the producer's point of view, if you
expect there to be a lot of subscriptions, period, the lease time had
better be long or indefinite.

In other words, the only method that WS-BN provides for garbage
collection of subscriptions should be effectively disabled precisely
when it is most likely to matter.

I think the problem here is that WS-BN addresses subscription leasing
and not garbage collection per se.  This doesn't mean that it should try
to provide all possible means of garbage collection, only that it should
specifically point out a need, allow for as wide a range of solutions as
is feasible, and point to subscription leasing (a la WS-RL) as one
solution.  This is essentially the same road we went down with topics.

The more I consider leasing of individual subscriptions, the more
potential technical issues I see.  Obviously, none of them is
insurmountable -- they have all been addressed and solved in other
contexts.  But each carries weight for the potential implementor.  I'm
willing to drill down on these a bit if needed, but I'm hoping we can
avoid this and take a higher-level decision that leasing of individual
subscriptions, while useful in some contexts, should not be required or
be the only possible GC mechanism.

With that provisional assumption, the immediate question becomes how can
we allow for session-based garbage collection without adding undue
weight to the WS-BN framework.  Sessions have their own technical issues
and implementation weight.